Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just a little ditty

As I got ready for church this morning I debated whether or not to take my own Bible with me.  I am new to this church and I had noticed that lots of the congregation had their own Bibles and made notes in the margins.  My copy is on my Kindle so I wondered if it would be appropriate to take such technology in to God’s house.  I decided that I wouldn’t.

As I sat in church listening intently to the sermon our pastor was delivering, quite animatedly I might add.  I glanced around at the congregation, when a young woman at the front caught my eye.  There she was with her ipad on her knee, tapping away at the screen, glancing up at the pastor as she typed.  She was either typing notes in her margins or sending emails, either way technology infiltrates every avenue of our lives so we had better embrace it!  Maybe I’ll take my Kindle next week!

No comments: