Sunday, October 24, 2010

Looking back & forward together

It is the time of the course that I like to get my first year students to discover the collaborative power of the Wiki. So I took a little journey myself. I had a look at what Curriki were up to these days. Curriki was the wiki that inspired me back in 2007 so it made perfect sense to begin there this year too. They have created a summery of their mission and their history in a neat little PDF this summer, which is worth a peek. Although there is funding from a variety of partners, they rely on members like us, educators, for content. It is individuals and organizations that are making world-class materials freely available to educators around the world. Curriki's approach of using technology to provide freely available learning resources, plays a key role in improving children's learning all over the world. So when you create something worth sharing, become a member and share on a world wide scale.


No comments: