Wednesday, March 21, 2012

To blog or not to blog!

One of the ideas of blogging is to imprint your ideas on a new and wider audiences (and save paper), that the printed test alone can reach. I am under no illusions though, my blog is not read by many, but for me, my blog is a place to collect and share ideas even if it's only for me! I read some great blogs, and then I place a sample of my finds here on my blog. I guess that most people are now using Twitter for this sort of concept; that’s a place for those able to be more concise that me! I digress, something not allowed on Twitter! (maybe they have something there!) My initial point was to share and save paper– re-blog, however an idea that Tim Rylands shared with me this week and that is to create a PDF from a blog post.  You can make a professional looking document from your blog, or blogpost to put up on a wall display, or to have as evidence in hard copy.  They do look quite professional, however they don't allow you to have any say in the design or layout.  Check out the button on the top right of my home page Joliprint creates a nice looking page from your blogpost and could be used quite effectively in a classroom if you want to print the children’s post for a different purpose.  He also mentions other applications that provide a similar service check out his post

No comments: