Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BETT 2009

Well here we are it’s January again! Oh how time flies. I love January in so many ways, the start of a New Year, new ideas, new hopes for a more organised and calm life! Anyone who knows me well, will understand how unlikely that idea is, you can but hope. And then there is BETT. I really enjoy BETT and this year was no exception. I had a great time, wandering around for a day and a half in a daze just soaking up the atmosphere. Lots of the hype and excitement is indicative of a second-hand car sales fest, but there truly are some wonderful ideas on show. From those still the in embryonic stage such as the Future Schools showcase, to the old favourites that show up time and time again with just a variation on the theme, like voting systems and IWBs.

As usual I take a group of 4th year students with me, we generally have quite an eventful time, this year was not to disappoint. Ignoring the fact that two students missed the train on the way down and had to get a later train, I tried to relax and enjoy. Slightly later than planned, we were all milling around the show trying to see all and miss nothing, when I received an excited text message to inform me that one of the girls had indeed won a complete voting system from Quizdom, software and all! Now that’s a result. The same two students caught the return train home by the skin of their teeth!

No comments: