Friday, May 18, 2012

Tim Rylands Inspires

I have been to lots of conferences and courses during my time in education, for CPD etc., and no matter how good they are, I can't help but look at the clock and wonder wistfully when the coffee break will allow me to re-establish a connection between my brain and the rest of my body. Today, in ESIS listening to Tim Rylands, however I felt like a child waiting for the next instalment of my favourite TV programme, and I could not believe when it was time to go home, let alone break for coffee!

I met Tim Rylands a few years ago at Bett when I accidentally walked in to a seminar on Gaming in Education. I have been an avid fan ever since. As a lecturer in higher education I am always looking for new and exciting ways to reach our 21st century learners, and as such I often endorse Myster Rylands and his amazing approach to teaching and learning. Tim has always been supportive when I send my students in his direction, guiding them in their journey to innovative practice. After today's activities at ESIS I can see why they come back to university bursting with enthusiasm. Tim and Sarah are incredibly inspiring, I'm not sure it would matter what they were talking about though, as they are such charismatic individuals. But their chosen topic is ICT to Inspire and inspire they surely do. The blog is amazing, it is a fabulous resource and a great way to inject interesting and creative ideas to feed your children's enthusiasm to learn! Their training days are incredible, but the most important aspect of the whole approach is the realistic and believable way in which they deliver their wares, giving you real life contexts and examples, so that you truly believe you can do it too!

A great day and I'm looking forward to seeing how it is all put into practice tomorrow in school...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this Mandy!

Lucia Stone said...

Wow! Wonderful tutorials, Abut us clipping path